AccuScan is an application developed by AccuSystems for production scanning and managing multi-page documents within AccuAccount and AccuDoc. AccuScan produces files in the .TIF image format. Below is the installation checklist that defines the prerequisites before we can schedule the installs of this product.
Before we are able to install AccuScan, you will need to ensure the following steps have be completed:
- Install the latest Microsoft .NET framework on the scanning workstation
- The .NET framework can be found on Microsoft's website (http://www.microsoft.com/net/downloads). You will need to download and install the framework.
- Ensure that port 1433 is NOT blocked within the Windows firewall on the database server.
- Install the appropriate TWAIN drivers for the scanner you will be using on the workstation.
- Disable any antivirus software prior to the AccuScan install, as this may interfere with the install.
- Prior to starting a GoToMeeting with an AccuSystems' representative, please ensure the user is logged in as an Administrator OR have you IT available to plug in the credentials.
After AccuScan is installed, please ensure the following steps have been completed:
- Once you have reactivated the antivirus, ensure that it excludes the following folder when performing a scan
- If you are running a 32-bit machine it will need to exclude all items within C:\Program Files\AccuSystems
- If you are running a 64-bit machine it will need to exclude all items within C:\Program Files (x86)\AccuSystems
- Ensure the user(s) have Full Control in the Security tab for the Properties of the following folder
- Configure the default settings within AccuScan. Keep in mind your scanner may be different and require different settings.
- Ensure the barcode fonts are installed on the workstation. Barcode fonts will need to be placed in
- C:\Windows\Fonts folder on the workstation in order to view the barcoded in AccuAccount properly.
- Configure AccuAccount or AccuDoc to Launch AccuScan
- Within AccuAccount, Click on the Admin tab and select User Maintenance from within the User/Scanning Maintenance section. Click the paper icon in the action column next to the user who will be scanning from this workstation. Once you click on the user Security tab, ensure the Scan Settings are set correctly.
Scan Module Path
- If you are running a 32-bit machine it will need to be C:\Program Files\AccuSystems\AccuScan\AccuScan.exe
- If you are running a 64-bit machine it will be C:\Program Files (x86)\AccuSystems\AccuScan\AccuScan.exe
Scanned Images Path
- This needs to be the path to the scanned images folder on the server.