Multiple Tax Entities (MTE) Auto Resolution allows your institution to automatically designated and resolve MTE issue, based on the rules listed in the following articles.
Your institution must be on the New PreProcessor program to take advantage of this feature. To inquire whether your institution is on the NEW or OLD PreProcessor, please contact our support team at (719) 583-8004 ext. 2 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
MTE Auto Resolution is a feature of pre-processor that attempts to resolve MTE records using a pre-defined set of customer name patterns.
- Primary and Alias Individual Resolutions: MTE resolution requires a primary resolution before any other records can be assigned. The primary resolution is designated using the asterisk (*) symbol. Auto resolution will assign the primary resolution to the current AccuAccount customer if one exists and it is an individual, or first individual record from the import files. An individual is defined as a customer name that does not match either the entity or name line 2 lists. Once a primary resolution exists, all other entities are resolved as alias records. An alias is designated using the dash (-) symbol.
- Entity Resolutions: If a customer name matches a name pattern from the entity list, pre-processor will resolve the MTE record using the next available appendage number. This will create a separate customer page for the entity. Auto resolutions for entities are designated by a numerical appendage which is calculated by finding the highest current numerical resolutions and adding one to that number. While manual resolutions allow for non-numeric resolutions, auto resolution will only be numeric.
- Name Line 2 Resolutions: If a customer name matches a name pattern from the name line 2 list, pre-processor will resolve the MTE record using the tilde (~) symbol. This will assign the customer name to the name line 2 field of the primary customer. In the event that a name line 2 resolution already exists, the MTE will be resolved as an alias using the dash (-)
- Logging: Auto resolutions as well as failed auto resolutions are logged to the standard logs table in the AccuAccount database.
- Auto resolution cannot occur if the existing AccuAccount customer is not an individual
- Auto resolution cannot occur if the primary MTE resolution is not an individual
- Auto resolution cannot occur if no MTE names are individuals (a primary individual is required)
- Spelling differences for entities will result in multiple customers (“company name llc” and “company name, llc”)
MTE auto-resolution is enabled in the pre-processor configuration tool on the MTE tab.
- Check the box for "Enable Auto Resolution". (This option is disabled if MTE processing is not enabled based on the customer key and customer number settings on the advanced tab)
- Add and remove name patterns from the entity and name line 2 lists. These lists are pre populated but name patterns can be added and removed.
- To add name patterns, type the new pattern in the empty cell at the bottom of the list.
- To delete name patterns, select the cell to delete and press the delete key on you keyboard.
MTE Auto Resolution Flow Chart
Automated MTE Resolution Processing
Resolving Multiple Tax Entities
MTE Resolution Information
Description: List of Tax ID numbers and names with appendage to indicate the relationship for resolution in processing for import.
|*||Tax ID Owner|
|0-9/A-Z||Single character indicates a secondary entity|
|~||Name line 2 ( Does NOT combine loans, only the name line 2)|
How it works: Customer Number is determined by a resolution to this table as follows:
- AccuAccount provides a dashboard for management of Multiple Tax Entities
- Initial Entries to this table have a blank appendage field
- Each Tax ID must have a resolved Tax ID owner (*) or
- The record will pass through unresolved
- the record will be held back
- Restrict Unresolved - configuration option Y/N
- Entries with appendage value and no Tax ID owner are
- Reverted to Unresolved
- Revert Invalid Appendage - configuration option Y/N
Bob K Smith
Robert K Smith
Robert Kenneth Smith
|Other Uses - Trust/DBA/LLC||
The Robert K Smith Foundation
Bob Smith Accounting LLC
|Minor||Bob Smith Jr.|